I mentioned in my last post that I've been doing some non-scrapping crafty projects lately. The children may be neglected and hungry but I'm getting a lot of my own stuff done...
One of the lovely members of the Donnycarney Crop Tarts taught me a great distressing technique that I hadn't come across before. Thanks Jackie!
I popped along to the nearest pound shop (euro shop?) and picked up a three pack of small canvases. I painted them green. I impatiently waited for them to dry. Then, I spread a layer of pva glue on them. Before the glue has a chance to dry, I painted on a layer of white paint. The thinner the layer of glue, the subtler the cracks will be. Me being me, slathered it on!
The picture quality isn't great - I just couldn't get the camera to take a good photo. For the record the words say 'Veni, Vidi, Scrappi' (I Came, I Saw, I Scrapped!... I did make up the Latin for 'Scrapped' but I suspect I'll get away with it :)
Some close ups...
I die cut the letters and butterflies with my ailing CraftRobo and coated them with crackle glaze. The letters were edged in white paint. I used a grey washi tape I have for the background behind the letters.
I'm completely delighted with it and it is now hanging on the door of my scrap room.
Keep your hats on - next post, 'Tríona Tries Art Journaling'. It'll be worth the wait. (Maybe.)